The AABP Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit charity that supports advancements in the well-being and productivity of cattle through applied clinical research and scholarship programs that benefit present and future cattle veterinarians, producers and the public.
The AABP Foundation currently has investment funds of over $1 million through donations from members as well as industry partners. The AABP Foundation is a partnership with the American Association of Bovine Practitioners and administers the charitable funds of the association. This includes:
- Externship grants to support AABP student members gaining practical experience during their veterinary school years ($40,000 per year).
- Education grants to support AABP student members attending educational experiences either during or immediately after graduation ($15,000 per year).
- Scholarships: The AABP Foundation currently administers the funds for the Zoetis-AABP Foundation Scholarships ($5,000), Merck AABP Bovine Veterinary Student Recognition Award ($5,000), Amstutz Scholarship ($7,500) and Edwin Robertson Memorial Scholarship ($500).
- Clinical Research Grants: The AABP Foundation supports up to two research grants to fund each year. This funding provides support for research projects that might not be supported from other sources and provides clinically relevant information that cattle veterinarians can utilize.
- Hoof Health Research: The Foundation partners with the Hoof Trimmers Association to provide clinically relevant research grants on the subject of hoof health.
The AABP Foundation Board of Directors encourages AABP members and others in the cattle industry to support the Foundation’s mission through donations. All donors are recognized on the donor page and donations can be restricted to the endowed fund, expendable fund (default) or directed to a specific purpose by the donor.
For questions on donations, contact AABP Foundation C hair Dr. Virginia Fajt VFajt@cvm.tamu.edu or AABP Executive Vice President Dr. Fred Gingrich firstname.lastname@example.org.