AABP General Information
American Association of Bovine Practitioners
1130 East Main St., Ste. 302
Ashland, OH 44805
The American Association of Bovine Practitioners (AABP) is composed of over 5,000 veterinarians and veterinary students interested in bovine (cattle) medicine. AABP was founded in 1965 as a not-for-profit 501c6 organization.
The American Association of Bovine Practitioners is an international association of veterinarians serving society as leaders in cattle health, welfare, and productivity. We welcome and support any veterinarian, credentialed veterinary technician or veterinary student, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation or any other demographic, to participate in all opportunities that our organization provides. As leaders in the cattle industry, we encourage all veterinarians with an interest in cattle to join us and participate in our organization.
- Access to AABP online continuing education is a free member benefit. AABP members can view presentations from annual and recent graduate conferences, either on their laptop/tablet or by downloading the BCI Mobile Conference App. AABP is a RACE-approved CE provider.
- AABP publications are now open access and easily searchable online. You can view our online publications at this link.
- Access to AABP.Today, a discussion forum for AABP members to discuss issues and topics of interest to the practice of cattle medicine.
- Access to AABP webinars developed by our committees. These webinars are recorded and available on our CE portal for future viewing and like our conference CE they are RACE approved.
- AABP Annual Conference registration fees are reduced for members. If you are a graduate within the past seven years, you are also eligible to attend the AABP Recent Veterinary Graduate Conference.
- Timely updates from the AABP office through our Have you Herd? e-newsletter and monthly newsletter delivered to your inbox.
- AABP has created the Have You Herd? podcast which can be found by searching in your podcast platform. It provides interviews with members and others on timely topics of interest to cattle veterinarians. Subscribe to the podcast for recent updates.
- AABP provides advocacy for all cattle veterinarians and the beef and dairy industry by working with allied organizations, regulatory and legislative bodies on both a state and federal level.
- Support of students and research through the AABP Foundation.