Diversity Equity & Inclusion
The mission of the AABP Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is as follows:
- Create questions and mechanisms to collect data on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Perform interviews with diverse members of our organization (both students and members) to identify ways to foster an inclusive environment within AABP such that everyone feels welcome and supported in the profession.
- Create mechanisms to investigate why veterinarians do not enter or leave bovine practice and membership in AABP.
- Work with the Veterinary Practice Sustainability and Membership Committees to create recruitment and retention tools, opportunities and resources to support diversity, equity and inclusion in bovine veterinary medicine. This would include working with all individuals to promote and foster interest in bovine veterinary medicine.
- Evaluate additional action steps to address specific goals or challenges the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee identifies.
- Stay apprised of the AVMA-AAMVC Commision on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Veterinary Medicine.
AABP Members should Log
On to view entire Committee Membership Roster (with terms and term
View Committee Resource Files